Use the form above to find your loved one. You can search using the name of your loved one, or any family name for current or past services entrusted to our firm.Click here to view all obituaries
Our Jewish funeral home in Manhattan is pleased to offer Jewish cremation services. Learn about this alternative care option that follows Jewish law.
At Manhattan Jewish Funeral Home, we are proud to provide families with a respectful and dignified way to say goodbye at affordable pricing. Cremation is steadily increasing in popularity with rates now exceeding that of traditional burials. We understand that many families are now turning to this method and offer a selection of packages to meet the different needs and budgets of each family that we serve. When considering our Jewish cremation services, we encourage families to select the option that best suits them and their needs.
Our Jewish cremation options offer families the opportunity to seek Jewish cremation services in Manhattan that do not compromise or sacrifice your Jewish funeral customs. While many people of the Jewish faith still believe that traditional burial is the only option for caring for the remains of a loved one, many families are now opting for a cremation that still follows Jewish funeral customs.
There are many misconceptions surrounding cremation services and if it is an acceptable way for someone of the Jewish faith to care for the remains of a loved one. According to the Book of Genesis, a body must decompose and return to dust. Cremation is the process of reducing a body to ash through heat and fire. Essentially, it is a way to accelerate the decomposition process and thus be in line with Jewish traditions.
Many families often ask about Jewish caskets and if they are required for cremation. The simple answer to this is no. Instead, a plain container or rough boards, press board, or heavy cardboard can be used as long as it is durable enough to hold the body. If you would like to purchase a traditional Jewish casket, these can be utilized for the cremation process as well.
Our direct cremation costs $1,800 to $1,995 and includes the following:
• The local transfer of remains to the Funeral Home
• Funeral Director & staff services
• Securing of necessary authorizations
• Local transportation to the crematory
• An alternative container for cremation
• The return of the cremains to the Funeral Home
There are many reasons to choose a Jewish cremation as a way to care for your loved ones remains including:
• Your family can keep the remains
• Remains may be stored in a plain cardboard or wooden container
• Many people believe cremation is more environmentally friendly
• Cremated remains can be buried or spread in a special place to the deceased
• The cost of cremation is often less expensive than a traditional funeral
• Many people believe cremation helps a body become a part of nature more quickly
• Remains can be mixed in gardens, or planted with trees to represent growth and new life
If you are interested in finding out more about our Jewish cremation services in Manhattan and the benefits of working with an experienced Jewish funeral home, please contact us today. A member of our staff would be happy to speak with you and schedule a time to meet.